Sunday, February 14, 2010

2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics: Five Reasons Canada Will Not Win Gold

Charlie Klein

1. Canada is too nice of a host to be as selfish as to take a competition for their own. Canadians are known around the world as some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. Everyone also knows that a good host sacrifices his happiness for the sake of his guest when it comes to a party, and what bigger party has there been in Canada other than the Winter Olympics?

2. Barry Melrose is picking them to win it all. I love Barry, but his predictions rarely ever come to fruition.

3. The Olympics are in Canada. Canada has only won one gold medal when it has hosted the Olympics. And they just won it tonight.

4. Team Canada has been historically anti-clutch. Aside from winning gold at Salt Lake City in 2002, the maple syrup loving toothless crew from Canada had not won gold since 1952.

5. I picked them to win. As my friend Mark Stangler loves to tell me every time I talk with him, every team I pick to win usually does poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment