Friday, May 21, 2010

Daily Fail: Diego Maradona Goes Randy Moss On A Cameraman


Charles Klein

When I read this, I had to read it again to make sure Goal.com was not pulling my leg. Having been duped by that site before, I was awfully suspicious of the following headline: "Diego Maradona Runs Over Cameraman And Then Curses The Man For Being In His Way." I mean really, just too ridiculous to be true? But then I watched this:


If anyone wanted to believe that God was a spiteful and angry man intent upon punishing those who got in His way, your God would be Diego Maradona. I just wonder if by mid-July Lio Messi will curse Maradona for getting in his way (yet again) of winning a World Cup. But that's a post for another time.

What's painfully (no pun intended) clear here is that Argentina has plenty to worry about ahead of the World Cup. Should Maradona commit more acts of recklessness, it will be his team and his country that will suffer. Say what you want about Dunga, but he has at least won Brazil a major trophy and has managed not to run over cameramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment