Thursday, February 25, 2010

Daily Fail: Mike Milbury & His Eurotrash

Charlie Klein

I absolutely and unequivocally despise Mike Milbury. I've never been a big fan of his comments that come between periods during NBC's game of the week and his vain attempts to be Don Cherry just do not impress me. I am no fan of Cherry's either, but at least the latter can plead senility with some of the hair brained comments he makes.

Last night, for those of you who do not watch Olympic Hockey as religiously as I do, Mike Milbury said that Russia "brought their Eurotrash game" last night in their 7-3 loss to Team Canada (it should be noted that he also likes to give himself a fake Canadian accent). It is safe to say that Russia did not play very well last night, but to use an epithet like Eurotrash is incredibly out of line.

According to Encarta, Eurotrash is defined as "an offensive term for wealthy or fashionable European people." 


I'm just waiting for the suspension to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment